Help Identify the Cause of Slow Speed Issues
To help you identify the cause of slow speed issues, complete the following steps:
- Connect a computer to the modem with an Ethernet cable. Testing your speed wirelessly can give you inaccurate results.
- Disconnect and power down all devices that access the Internet like other computers, gaming systems, Netflix or other movie streaming devices, DVRs, other routers, switches, VoIP phones, mobile phones and wireless printers.
- Next, run a speed test using Fidelity's Speed test (http://www.fidelitycommunications.com/speedtest) or use www.speedtest.net.
- Write down the date, time, and your results each time you run a test.
- Compare your results to the Internet speed which you subscribe. If the speed test shows that the tested speed is below 75% of the package you subscribe to reach out to Fidelity for assistance.
If your speeds are good, and you are still experiencing problems streaming on some devices, perhaps you need more speed to support all the devices in your home. Use Fidelity's bandwidth analyzer to help you find the perfect internet speed to keep you connected!
Click Here for our Bandwidth Analyzer
- Restart your device
- Make sure you are using the latest browser
- Try running your Virus Protection to make sure you don't have an issue
- Is your device capable of receiving the speed tier you have subscribed to
Return to the previous page.