FCC Best Practices to Reduce Robocalls
FCC recommended steps you may take to help reduce robocalls:
- Don't answer calls from blocked or unknown numbers.
- Don't answer calls from numbers you don't recognize.
- If someone calls you and claims to be with XYZ company, hang up and call the company yourself. Use the company's website to find an official number.
- If you do answer a call and hear a recording such as "Hello, can you hear me?" just hang up.
- The same goes for a call where you're asked to press a number before being connected to a representative.
- When you answer a call and interact with the voice prompt or by pressing a number, it lets the spammer know your number is real. They can then sell your number to another company, or begin targeting your number more frequently.
Learn more about robocalls and the mitigation services we offer here.